sunnuntai 18. syyskuuta 2011

Week 36, every day something about energy (and saving it)

On Monday morning the boss of our energy team started to read notes from "a diary":
"Dear diary!
I have not written anything for a long time. In June my dad told me that we are going to move to Vaasa. The name of my new school was Länsimetsä school. On the first schoolday I was a little bit afraid but everything went ok because my new classmates were very friendly.
On the first schoolweek I noticed that there was some text on every light-switch. First I thought that teachers don't care if pupils write with permanent marker on the walls but then I was told that this school wants to save energy. The text "front part" makes it easier to switch on/off the right lamps in classrooms. I noticed also that some pupils took care of switching the lights off every time we left the classroom. I told about this at home and my father said: It makes sense!!
Bye, I promise to write soon again!

On Tuesday morning pupils from 3 to 6 grades gathered together. We had a visitor from Motiva (energy experts firm :-) in Finland). Irmeli Mikkonen asked pupils about saving energy and about actions we have done at school/home. She also suggested what we could do. And then she told for example how long can you vacuum-clean with 1kWh.


After this teachers from energy team had a meeting with Irmeli Mikkonen and Merja Pakkanen (50/50 coordinator in Finland). Teachers got new ideas how to save energy and how to motivate the whole school in this project.


On Wednesday we heard new stories again(the diary):"We have had track and field lessons. I was quite good in throwing the javel. After the lesson we took shower. I was wondering how other pupils were so quick - I was used to take a looong shower in my old school. Afterwards I noticed notes on the walls which told not to stay too long in a shower. I was so ashamed!!"

On Thursday and Friday we had a competition between classes; we counted how many pupils in each class rode by bike or walked to school (not using car or bus). The winner (or winners) will get something..:-)

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti